Wild Apricot and Moodle

Wild Apricot and Moodle

by Blessing K Phokedi -
Number of replies: 10
Hello, I would like to connect Wild Apricot with Moodle. I would like to use wild apricot as a membership management platform that when i create a memebership there then the contact, memebership and course information gets created automatically in Moodle.
Anyone know how i can connect the two? Use Webhooks or APIs?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Blessing K Phokedi

Re: Wild Apricot and Moodle

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle's Web Service API functions are the ideal way to have an external system feed data into Moodle. Functions like core_user_create_user, core_user_update_user are probably useful here. There are various functions for working with course and enrolment data, depending on exactly what you want to do.

In reply to Mark Johnson

by Blessing K Phokedi -
Thank you, I saw this tutorial and I have been attempting to make it work though not showing function as yet when I test on Postman, still dissecting what could the problem be.

by Blessing K Phokedi -
Error screeshot i get
I keep following this tutorial but all I get is "error": "Web service is not available. (It doesn't exist or might be disabled.)", What could be the problem?

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Please provide details of the request you are sending (you will probably want to obscure the wstoken), so that we can see what might be going wrong.

In reply to Mark Johnson

by Blessing K Phokedi -
Postman info
Okay, thanks, will this information on the image surfice?

by Mark Johnson -

Which service are you trying to generate a token for, test_ws or make_moodles? You have defined the service parameter twice, but one seems to start with a line break (maybe you copy-and-pasted it from somewhere?).

In reply to Mark Johnson

by Blessing K Phokedi -
im trying to generate for make_moodles, I copied from the tutorial . So I named the service make_moodles and the username is make_moodles too so I know what I am working on. Should I change their information?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
There's quite a few steps to go through to enable individual services in Moodle and assign them to a user/token. Did you do all that? The menu in the web services admin page walks you through it.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Blessing K Phokedi -
Yes I followed the steps. On assign user roles, should I assign to all users or just the user I created for the service?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Doesn't matter but just the one user is sensible/secure for this kind of thing.

You can usually test the webservice with a command line 'curl' and/or one of those web service testing clients.