Where to start! Need to make some tutorial with some videos for public, no online class

Re: Where to start! Need to make some tutorial with some videos for public, no online class

by Sandipa Mukherjee -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi, Sel,
Hope you are doing well. First of all, you need to buy a domain name & a hosting plan. Let's say "myredschool.com". It requires some cost of course.
Moodle is free software. It can easily install on your server. If you find in youtube so many free guidelines are available. If needed please DM. I will be happy to assist you.
You can use moodle cloud as well.
Thanks and regards,
Sandipa
In reply to Sandipa Mukherjee

Re: Where to start! Need to make some tutorial with some videos for public, no online class

by sel sayil -
Thank you very much! As part of our funded project, I mentioned we would include some labs in Moodle.
My understanding is that we need to run a server on a dedicated PC or use moodle cloud but that requires annual fee which we cannot afford every year. I guess I assumed free storage in Moodle, my mistake!
In reply to sel sayil

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
"..run a server on a dedicated PC or use moodle cloud..."

Another alternative is to get your own server, as Sandipa suggests. For example, I have a VPS for my Moodle and documents. I could run a CMS on my server along with Moodle, or WordPress if I wanted to. By having a VPS, I don't have to worry about running my own server on a PC.

However, I suspect your biggest problem is "no money." Although Moodle is like many free (or openware) products, you still need a server environment for it. Even some free browsers, like Chrome and Firefox, require a computer for you to use them. You might need to concentrate on getting some funding for hardware and support. It appears that Moodle might satisfy some of your requirements, but you also need someplace to put documents. YouTube can hold videos for free. I have seen some folks try to use Google for documents, but I don't do this so I cannot help.