Copy course doesn't proceed past preparation

Copy course doesn't proceed past preparation

by Gaius Augustus -
Number of replies: 2
Moodle Version: 4.0.2
Server: Windows Server
Installation: This version of Moodle was installed vanilla from Moodle.org. Aside from a few custom plugins (such as advanced reporting) and settings configuration (such as LDAP setup), the installation is being used OOB.

My users are having an issue with copying courses. When they try, it just gets stuck with the current operation as "backup" and status as "process pending".

This guide (https://docs.moodle.org/402/en/Course_copy) says to check that cron is running and that a scheduled task known as asynchronous_copy_task is enabled.

1. Cron
I verified that cron is running.

2. Asynchronous_copy_task
I checked Site Administration > Server > Tasks > Scheduled Tasks, but this option isn't even available in the list. I searched for just "copy" and just "async" and both return zero results.

I'm at a complete loss. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gaius Augustus

Re: Copy course doesn't proceed past preparation

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Truth in response ... don't run Windows, but .....

there's a link to a tracker posting. sad

Set path to php-cli in paths.   Setting that then in task list, there should be a run now button to run task individually.

In Site Admin Server Task Task Processing
Read comments and consider bumping settings upwards

And ... moodle 'marches forward' ... frequently ... 4.0 is now 4.0.8+ (Build: 20230504).  

And ... considering upgrading to 4.1.highest as that is a long term support version.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: Copy course doesn't proceed past preparation

by Gaius Augustus -
Thanks for the reply! I incorrectly assumed that "402" meant "4.0.2".

I'll take a look through all of the items you mentioned, and hopefully I'll find my answer.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to decide what platform to install on, so I'm stuck with Windows. I have other Moodle projects that are all on Linux.

Also, I will absolutely be upgrading to the latest as soon as I get funding to do so from my company. It's on my backlog list. If this is an ongoing issue in my version, I may be able to ask for a higher priority to upgrade.

Thanks again for the direction!