Blackboard 6 quiz import

Blackboard 6 quiz import

дэргэд Matt Campbell -
Хариу нийтлэлийн тоо: 5
I noticed that I wasn't getting any of my 'Fill in the blank' questions to import through the pool importer and wrote a bit of code (well, selectively copied and pasted, anyway) to allow me to import both Fill in the Blank and Short Answer questions from Blackboard quizzes.  The only problem I have is that it doesn't pick up the answers, so I have to put them in manually.

So this gets me questions, with no answers - which is better than nothing at all!

Under function readquestions:

case "Short Answer":
                $this->process_sa($question, $questions);
                break;
            case "Fill in the Blank":
                $this->process_fb($question, $questions);
                break;

Under function create_raw_question:

case 'Short Answer':
                        $mc_choices = $pblock['#']['response_lid'][0]['#']['render_choice'][0]['#']['flow_label'];
                        foreach($mc_choices as $mc_choice) {
                            $choices = NULL;
                            $this->process_block($mc_choice, $choices);
                            $block->choices[] = $choices;
                        }
                        break;
                     case 'Fill in the Blank':
                        $mc_choices = $pblock['#']['response_lid'][0]['#']['render_choice'][0]['#']['flow_label'];
                        foreach($mc_choices as $mc_choice) {
                            $choices = NULL;
                            $this->process_block($mc_choice, $choices);
                            $block->choices[] = $choices;
                        }
                        break;

Has anyone been able to make enough sense of Blackboard's XML to read the answers and place them?

Thanks,
Matt
Үнэлгээний дундаж: -
Matt Campbell-н хариуд

Re: Blackboard 6 quiz import

дэргэд Michael Penney -
Hi Matt, is this for our Blackboard6 quiz pool importer here:
http://cdc.humboldt.edu/moodle

Or is it for the built in Moodle BB quiz import function? Our's should do fill in the blank, as well as essay and blackboard matching (if you have rendered match and essay question types installed, also available from the site above.

Michael Penney-н хариуд

дэргэд Matt Campbell -
This is for your pool importer - I use it extensively, but I've never been able to get it to handle Fill in the Blank questions.  It used to give me an error that it couldn't process those types of questions, so I modified your code so I could at least get the questions in.  I'd also added a type for Short Answer.

The latest pool importer code in CVS, and in 1.6, errors out when trying to insert the Fill in the Black answers.  It gives me Short Answer questions, but not the answers (which is the same thing mine does).

I'm attaching the format.php I'm using - it's not perfect, but it does give me the questions.
Matt Campbell-н хариуд

дэргэд Michael Skwara -
I am having a similar experience with Humbolt's question pool importer.  T/F, Matching, and Multiple choice questions work perfectly, but even with the essay and rendered match addons installed, the import process stops when ever it hits an essay, fill in the blank, or multiple answer question.  It imports the one question, but not the answer(s), then stops and does not process any more questions.  It usually returns an error complaining that it can't find the answer to the question.  For example with a multiple answer question, it says "This type of question requires at least 2 answers." 
Matt Campbell-н хариуд

дэргэд Howard Miller -
Core developers зураг Documentation writers зураг Particularly helpful Moodlers зураг Peer reviewers зураг Plugin developers зураг
Please post questions like this in the Quiz forum - wouldn't want to miss them инээмсэглэл
Howard Miller-н хариуд

дэргэд Matt Campbell -
Sorry 'bout that - I didn't want to double post, so I posted here because I didn't have it all figured out yet and was looking for some help.  I decided against posting in the quiz forum simply because the code isn't complete, and I didn't want anyone adding it and not realizing that they wouldn't get the answers.

Thanks,
Matt