Force users to change password

Re: Tárgy: Re: Force users to change password

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Moodle has other settings related to passwords. One thing that you might want to do is to go into your Moodle, Administration, and search for the word "password" to get a sense of other "password" settings.

In my case (above), I believe that since I have set "enable password expiry" to no, this then nullifies the other two settings.

When you create a new user, there is a setting for the new user "Force password change." If you enable this, the first time the student logs in they will have to set a new password. If your password duration is 30 days, then they will have to change their password after 30 days. My guess is that if you do not force a password change when creating a user, the password duration begins from when their account was created. (I would have to test this.)

When I use self-enrollment, students get to pick their password when they sign up for Moodle. In my case, I am not enforcing password changes. This is my personal performance. However, most IT departments at schools will force password changes.

I am not sure what happens if you are using some kind of authentication method other than self-enrollment.