Role "Manager" can't "Mark as done"

Role "Manager" can't "Mark as done"

by Jens DA -
Number of replies: 6
Hello,

we're running Moodle 4.1+ and I wonder, why the owner of a manager role can't mark things as done? It's just greyed out.
Any hints?

Attachment 2023-05-10_14-52-10.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jens DA

Re: Role "Manager" can't "Mark as done"

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Within Course Administration>Course completion>Condition: Manual completions by others is Manager selected?
Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
It might be because your manager is not enrolled in the course - there is no need for managers to be enrolled in courses since they can access them anyway, and I don't really know why they would need to 'mark as done' - assuming you mean for themselves? But if you want them to be able to do that then they would need to be enrolled in the course, for the activity completion to be logged.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jens DA -
You're right! If I enroll manually, it works. The Manager role is for our HR department. Nevertheless they shall also doing some courses where they shall mark things as done. But with the manager role, the enrolment option isn't available. Do you know if it's configurable?
In reply to Jens DA

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I would always advise managers to create another account to use as a stuent where they have to do courses with activity completion. I am not sure what you mean by the enrolment option isn't available for managers but if you mean that you can offer student and teacher enrolments and not managers --that is a question of permissions - admins can enrol managers or offer manager as a role for self enrolment - but it really doesn't make a lot of sense.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jens DA -
Well, maybe it's good advice to use a different account for the tasks. But if my HR department doesn't want it, I have to follow their wishes ;)

Do you know the configuration setting I've to change? I tried it with "Home/Site administration/Users/Permissions/Define roles/Editing role 'Manager' → Self enrol in course (enrol/self:enrolself)" but that changes nothing.
In reply to Jens DA

by Mary Cooch -
I am not sure a manager can self enrol into a course since they are in the course already. (In my previous post I meant that you can add self enrolment with the manager role, but that is not the same as allowing a manager to self enrol. And is pointless anyway.)
 However, if they are a manager with the system role then they should be able to go into the course settings and add themselves as a student and then mark as complete. I suggest you tell them to do that?
(But it is really not ideal)