INTERNALMAIL UPDATE READY!!!

INTERNALMAIL UPDATE READY!!!

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 31
Yes,
I'm sorry for the delay but Internalmail is ready to download at Internalmail home
Waiting for comments and ready for bug solving!
Regards
Ludo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: INTERNALMAIL UPDATE READY!!!

by Toni Mas -
Hello Ludo!

First bug tongueout

When internalmail execute the library mod/internalmail/apis.php

if (!$xinter = fopen("/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/moodlemgr/moodledata/admin/ice/inter.txt", 'a+', 1))

Alert, no all the world have this path!
Please, change /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/moodlemgr/ with $CFG->dataroot

And if the dir admin/ice isn't exist? I'll create dir or change to temp/?

smile Good work!
In reply to Toni Mas

Re: INTERNALMAIL UPDATE READY!!! 1 bug fixed!!!

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Thank you Antoni and Eduardo for this early bug.
We forgot to clean up some function calls to specific developments in our site. sonrojado
The new version is ready to download
Regards
Ludo

by Tony Ruggiero -
I commented out those lines to eliminate the bug until you resolve it.

When I go to the mail page and check mail - all is well but if I go to a course page and click on a mod instance I get this:

Error: Turn off debugging to hide this error.

SELECT p.* FROM mdl_internalmail_posts p WHERE p.subject = "CUR26::2::4" LIMIT 100

Found more than one record in get_record_sql !

The site is not set to debugging (the value in config is "7")

Any ideas?

Tony

In reply to Tony Ruggiero

by Eduardo Hernandez -
I have seen this problem a couple of times. By lookin' the source code I was able to see that a function (can't recall its name now) is being invoked, where a single record is expected as answer; Probably the function being called to execute the query should be used; I mean to accept multiplicity?.

by Santo Aiello -
Hello Ludo
Thank you about internalmail.
I dont resolve the same bug of Antoni.
When the new version is read to download?
THANK YOU
Santo

by Chandru Hiremath -

Ludo,

Thanks a bunch! I will get it started right away.

Thanks,

Chandru

In reply to Chandru Hiremath

by Santo Aiello -
Hello I have a bug :
/moodle/mod/internalmail/blocks/courses_notify/block_courses_notify.php on line 38

The problem is that $cursos is vacant.
$query = "SELECT id,course FROM {$CFG->prefix}internalmail_posts
                WHERE discussion={$discussion->id} AND mailed=0 AND format=1";
        $cursos = get_records_sql($query);

foreach ($cursos as $curs){  //ERROR 38

In the database the table internalmail_posts is vacant.
Thanks
Santo
In reply to Santo Aiello

by Santo Aiello -
Another bug: In the section Sent, the table there is from but is incorrect.

m

Re: INTERNALMAIL UPDATE READY!!! new bug?

by Eduardo Hernandez -
Hello Ludo,

today I installed Internalmail (internalmail_2006042701) on a clean installation of Moodle 1.6 Beta 3 in my PC (Windows). The DB holds nothing but defaults users (admin and guests), and no courses, only the site itself.

While setting up tables I get this message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in E:\desarrollo\moodle16_beta3_internalmail\moodle\moodle\blocks\internalmail_notify\block_internalmail_notify.php on line 44

internalmail_notify

courses_notify tables have been set up correctly

Eduardo
In reply to Eduardo Hernandez

Re: INTERNALMAIL UPDATE READY!!! new bug?

by Chandru Hiremath -
I have been getting the same message on a fresh installation of Internalmail on 1.5.3+.

Re: INTERNALMAIL UPDATE READY!!! several issues

by Eduardo Hernandez -
I have been looking at the source code, and I think the problem is that after the execution of some queries, the result of them is not being checked to see if at least one record is being retreived.

I have been adding some "if" sentences after some queries, such as the one i posted before. This applies to 1.5.* and 1.6

At the same time, I have been changing the instructions from "optional_variable" to "optional_param", found at the very begining of some files. This applies to 1.6. If you keep the original optional_variable, the module won't work on 1.6. After changes it runs OK on 1.6 Beta 3.

The final issue i found is the following query:
$course_module = get_record("course_modules","course",$internalmail->course,"instance",$this->instance->pageid);

found at block_contacts.php (mod/internalmail/blocks/contacts/)

This query is trying to get the internalmail module, however the combination of course id and instance can retrieve more than one record. I have commented it out, and nothing seems to be broken... but I'm not so sure of this thoughtful

Eduardo

by Chandru Hiremath -

Does the new module allow you to send messages to groups instead of selecting students individually on Compose page? Ludo mentioned in an earlier post in another forum that the new module is capable of sending messages to groups.

Chandru

by Eduardo Hernandez -
Chandru,

From what I have seen so far, I don't see an option to mail students by groups. Maybe there's an option I can't see black eye

Eduardo

by Dariem Garcés Urquiza -
Eduardo:
To mail students by group you could try quickmail block..
see at :
http://cdc.humboldt.edu/moodle/course/view.php?id=3

to download..
http://cdc.humboldt.edu/moodle/mod/resource/view.php?id=15

also..

http://moodle.org/file.php/11/moddata/forum/110/193131/quickmail.zip

i didn't tested yet but i will..
Dariem
In reply to Dariem Garcés Urquiza

by Chandru Hiremath -

Dariem,

But, Quickmail is used to send mail to domain addresses. I like the Quickmail and have used it for courses at distance. But, we often conduct in-class disaster response exercises for which we don't want students to have to login to their external addresses. Moreover, often students digress when they start looking at email that don't belong to the course.

Thanks,

chandru

In reply to Dariem Garcés Urquiza

by N Hansen -
In my experience Quickmail failed miserably. It worked the first two times but sent out an email without a reply address, which is unacceptable. It didn't save messages like it was supposed to, and after that it stopped sending messages entirely. I'm looking forward to trying Internalmail once these bugs are fixed.

by Evelyn Smith-Stahle -
I am new at Moodle, two days!!  I want to have a mail tool, but don't know the difference between InternalMail and QuickMail... could you explain, please?
In reply to Evelyn Smith-Stahle

by Chandru Hiremath -

Internalmail as the name goes does not need a separate mailhost/domain/mail server etc... Messages are stored within the moodle Database on your server.

Quickmail is used to send messages to the email addresses (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, ...) used by students/teachers in their profiles.

by Evelyn Smith-Stahle -
Thank you so much for your explanation. Internalmail is a great addition to the course!

From my experience in using TelEduc (developed in Brazil and free to download), I found that permitting the students to read their mail within the course is very efficient and reliable as e-mails don't get rejected by free e-mail services. Additionally, students can't claim they didn't get their e-mails for any reason wink

I am paying for a Moodle web-hosting service out of pocket, a very basic service. I worry that keeping all the mail in the server would fill up my space very quickly.

Is there a way of removing all the mail from the server when the course is over? An easy wayblush?

Re: INTERNALMAIL... Mail to groups and courses

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
The new version includes the option to send to groups...
When sending a message, click on "TO" label and emerges a popup window with the option special contacts where you can choose mail to gruops all class and all site if you are admin.
Regards
Ludo

Attachment im.JPG

by Eduardo Hernandez -

Thanks Ludo, but I thought "groups" in terms of groups defined at course level by instructor, by using the *group* tool from the Admin Block, where a teacher could send an internal e-mail to members of "group A"

Eduardo

by Chandru Hiremath -

Eduardo,

I thought along the same lines as you did Eduardo. Looking at the table structure (mdl_internalmail_groups)in MySQL it seems like the groups funtionality is meant to be in the internalmail module but for some reason is not being populated.

by Chandru Hiremath -

Ludo,

In the list of users above in your screen shot there is no vertical scroll bar and many usernames are hidden. With more than 10 users you can click on page 2 but still some usernames are hidden on page 1 and page 2 if you have more than 2 pages/lists of users

by Chandru Hiremath -

For the english language version the lang file does not have strings assigned for ....... strings above. They are in the other language files just have to copy four or five lines from the other lang files to en->lang->internalmail .php.

thanks,

There are some errors displayed when using IE and not when using Firefox

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Wow,
lots of issues. Thank you for such an enthusiatstic approach!
This week I'm having a debrief with david and ferran and we'll think about changing some issues on the groups behaviour.
Regards
Ludo

by Santo Aiello -
Hi Ludo,
What's the mean of
Admin accountsA

that it's located in options.
can you help me?
Thank you
In reply to Santo Aiello

by Chandru Hiremath -

Santo,

It is under admin accounts that you add mailboxes for users/students. When you add Internalmail activity all it adds is the shell. You have the control of asssigning mailboxes to those who need one.

Thanks,

Chandru

by Santo Aiello -
Hello Chandru
The option function  don't control of assigning mailboxes, it's destroy only mail of users/student. Can You control your option?
Thanks
In reply to Santo Aiello

Re: INTERNALMAIL... Backup of mails

by Mawuli Kuivi -
Hi,
Any plans of inplementing the backup and restore functions into the Internal module or has some done that already?
In reply to Mawuli Kuivi

by Ferran Recio Calderó -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In the first version of internalmail backups are implemented. But we thing it's, not only unecesary, but break with mail philosophy. If teacher can backup all course mail, he can also spy personal messages.
In reply to Ferran Recio Calderó

by Mawuli Kuivi -
That makes sense. Thanks for the information.