PayPal in courses categories

by Ana Velasquez -
Number of replies: 5

guiñoHello!!

I have a server with moodle, and i put a two categories with "sub-courses"

Category 1:                 

Course Example 1

Course Example 2

Category 2: Course Example 3                                                                                            Course Example 4  

I need that students enroll them with paypal (i put the correct parameter)but, i want that if the student enroll him in the category 1, automatic he can to access at the course 1 and 2........and if he decide enroll him in the category 2,  automatic he can to access at the course 3 and 4 

I want to  assign one cost for complete category and not for course.

I hope your help!!

Thanks ...... big grin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ana Velasquez

Re: PayPal in courses categories

by Will Taylor -
In e.g. category 1,
Set enrolment for Course1 to PayPal
Make Course 2 a Meta course, drawing its enrolment from course 1
folks who then enrol in Course 1 will automatically be enroled in Course 2 as well.

- will
In reply to Will Taylor

by Ana Velasquez -

Thanks Will!!big grin

i put the cost of course 1 in paypal...make course 2 a metacourse...but after i don't know what do!! drawing its enrolment from course 1??????????????????????'''

when i want to enroll at the students then they pay in PAYPAL...but only the COURSE 1 ...but if they want to access only the COURSE 2 can to access without pay!! only ask them:

¿Do dou want enroll in this course?

Help please!!!

Thanks

In reply to Ana Velasquez

by Dave Bethany -

Here is something you can do...

Create 2 "schools". In other words, have a primary school site with a "course" being nothing more than access to the secondary site. Then, when they pay for the primary site course, they have access to the secondary site.

This can actually work well, as you can use the primary site as a demo site, with the secondary site as the operational school. In my case, I have several free courses on the primary site and am now building a "paid" area for other types of courses. The paid students will have full access to all courses in the paid area.

In reply to Dave Bethany

by Tony Ruggiero -
Dave:

You have my attention. I have been going crazy trying to figure this one out. I have exactly the setup you mentioned - one demo site and then a school site in a sub-domain. I want to have four different methods of payments (monthly, quarterly, every six month and two payments of nine months apart. Complicated I know, what can I say.

I guess I would set up four courses each with their own "cost" schedule. Could I show the paid site in like a resource window that will hide the http address? Does that make sense?

Thanks for this idea...

Tony