notification in course

notification in course

by Lisa Hunt -
Number of replies: 2

Hi I am using moodle 3.9 and my teachers are not getting a notification when a student submits a lesson. Is there a way this can be corrected. As of now the teachers have to log into class and look for submitted assignments but I thought there would/can be a notification sent on the sight for this

Thank you in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lisa Hunt

Re: notification in course

by Ravi Murugesan -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Lisa - Do you mean that an email notification doesn't go out when a student submits their work in an Assignment activity? If you have enabled notifications in your Assignment activity settings but teachers are not getting notifications:

1. Have you set up outgoing email for your site?
2. Have you checked that cron is working?
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Ravi Murugesan

Re: notification in course

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
In addition to Ravi's comments:

Lesson (mod_lesson) doesn't provide other notifications than 'notify student of marked/graded submission in essay question'. There are no Lesson module notifications a teacher can set up other than maybe setting up an event monitoring rule (but I wouldn't recommend that).
Assignment has a variety of notification settings, which include 'notify when work submitted' and 'notify when work submitted late'.

For all things related to receiving notifications, the cron maintenance script should be up and running and an SMTP server should be set up. If you don't have direct access to those settings, please consult your Moodle's administrator. If both are working correctly, be sure that the mail server isn't treated as a source of spam mails and that there aren't any thresholds (max number of emails) getting in the way of processing the notifications.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)