JXHTMLEDIT

JXHTMLEDIT

per Bryan Williams,
Number of replies: 3
Janne, have you had a look at this. Java plug-in required but most people already have it on their computer and it would not be much different than getting Flash for those that don't.
Average of ratings  -
In reply to Bryan Williams

Re: JXHTMLEDIT

per Randall Kindley,
How does one integrate it into Moodle 1.6 (I have been unable to get Moodle 1.6 to call htmleditor or tinymce - so any assistance in this regard appreciated. No trouble with other versions of Moodle, so a bit peculiar?!).

Randall Kindley

per Janne Mikkonen,
After a short testing it seems fine but for me it didn't work as well as kafenio editor. But it is possible to intergrate java editors as well and both of those could also be loaded at demand.

- Janne -

per David Scotson,

I found this review of WYSIWYG editors interesting. It's a very specific review in that it rates them on the quality of the code they produce. JXHTMLEDIT did poorly, not because it didn't support the various types of code, but because it expected the user to understand and select the correct code themselves.

TinyMCE, which I think Janne has mentioned before in the context of Moodle integration, did quite well.