QA site seems to be missing the latest tinyMCE

QA site seems to be missing the latest tinyMCE

by Marcus Green -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The qa testing site does not appear to have the new version of tinyMCE editor as an option in the settings. So if I login as Terry Teacher at

https://qa.moodledemo.net/user/editor.php?id=3&course=1

I can only see the legacy version.

(Edited by Mary Cooch - original submission Tuesday, 10 January 2023, 2:00 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcus Green

Re: QA site seems to be missing the latest tinyMCE

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Yes you are right - I changed it on the live site but obviously that will go back in an hour. I will get it changed permananently but that will be from tomorrow probably.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

RE: QA site seems to be missing the latest tinyMCE

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
OK - so - after discussion with Simey who is in charge of the QA site and QA testing - we agreed that if you want to try the new tinymce you should use one of our demo sites (moodle.org/demo) rather than the QA site, which technically is not a demo site but a testing site and ideally should mirror the integration branch. At the moment admins need to enable tinymce on 4.1 - when 4.2 comes, it will be enabled by default, so we'll leave the QA site like that and feel free to try things on either sandbox.moodledemo.net or school.moodledemo.net.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: RE: QA site seems to be missing the latest tinyMCE

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If I do a shiny new fresh install of 4.1. Then create a new user with no roles (i.e. is not admin or anything). I get the following when I take a screenshot of their preferences. This appears to suggestion that the new tinyMCE is enabled as an option by default.  

That seems fine by me and I'm not complaining, but am I understanding this correctly, as it looks like I can access both the new and the legacy by default without changing anything as admin. This is

Moodle 4.1+ (Build: 20221216)

In reply to Marcus Green

by Mary Cooch -
Yes you're right - long story and sorry for the confusion - it will be enabled now but again, won't probably propagate to the main site for a few hours.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Marcus Green -
Thank you and thanks to the people have been talking to. You are quite, quite wonderful.