Q and A with the Principal

Q and A with the Principal

by Dave Shearan -
Number of replies: 7

At our college we would like Moodle users to have access to the Principal, to be able to ask him questions, and to receive answers.

Please could you let me know how you think this could be best achieved.

Many thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Shearan

Re: Q and A with the Principal

by Julian Ridden -
Moodle 1.6 has a Q and A forum type. This might do the trick. Not sure if this is in Modle 1.5.3 but worth a look.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Dave Shearan -

Thanks Julian. Another organisation is hosting Moodle for us at the moment while we test its use in our college. They are not running 1.6 and I don't see any reference to the Q and A forum type so I guess it's not available to me at the moment.

Is it possible with the Q and A forum (or with any forum type) to make it available to all users of the Moodle installation or does it only work within the confines of a single course?

In reply to Dave Shearan

by Julian Ridden -
depends how you set it up. You could create a forum and allow guests in on your moodle frontpage. This would allow all, includeing guests to read it. Would need to be a user however to ask the question.
In reply to Dave Shearan

by Deon Metelski -
Hi Dave,

At the school I setup, the principal went ahead and created a forum on the front page where students can post concerns and he can address them. I think when you place it on the home page then any moodle user will have acces to it then, it doesn't matter what course you are in. If you want to take a look it's at www.bronxacademy.org/west/lms

Deon
In reply to Deon Metelski

by Dave Shearan -

Hi Deon,

Thanks for the suggestion and the invite to see your site. It was a real eye-opener!

Unfortunately I don't have the rights to change our site's home page because it's not our Moodle. I can see that your suggestion will work fine when we get out own.

We really want to get the Principal involved as soon as possible during the testing we are doing. I may have to create a course with the Principal's forum in it and make sure that I enrol everyone on this course when new users are created.

Unless that is someone can suggest another way of doing this.

Dave

In reply to Dave Shearan

by Michelle Moore -
Maybe you could create a metacourse for your principal that includes every other Moodle course you have set up. Then, when you add a student to one of your courses, they will automatically be added to your principal's course too. With his own course, your principal could have more than just a discussion forum. He could offer surveys or choices, offer links to outside resources, and more.
In reply to Michelle Moore

by Dave Shearan -
That sounds very good Michelle and I love your other suggestions. I will experiment and let you know how I get on.