Can't get correct subset of students (role filter missing)

Can't get correct subset of students (role filter missing)

by Michael Lipp -
Number of replies: 0
I have a course with multiple teachers and multiple groups.

I want to schedule meetings with a single group of students (and myself, no other teacher involved).

I have created a scheduler and restricted the access to that particular group. This basically works. However, the list of students that still need to make an appointment also includes the other teachers. I might simply ignore this, but I don't want them to get invitations. I concede that this behavior is consistent within moodle, because teachers can see everything. But the list is supposed to be a list of students that still need to make an appointment and therefore shouldn't include the teachers.

Different approach: When choosing "separate groups", the list of students that still need to make an appointment is empty unless I am also a member of the group. Well, usually, I'm not a member of my groups of students. But for just this use case, I've added myself to this particular group. Now I see the students from the group and myself in the list of students that still need to make an appointment. This is better than having all teachers from the course in this list, but still not perfect.

What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't the list of "students that still need to make an appointment" simply only contain students (i.e. enrolled users with role student)?
Average of ratings: -