You don't have permission to access /mod/forum/post.php on this server

by Will Muenchow -
Number of replies: 5
Had a student message me last week, and now a whole bunch of them about a bug that seems to be coming up in the forum module. If a student writes out some text, and clicks post, it works. But, just recently,if they paste from MS Word, Open Office, ABI Word, etc.. they are getting the following:

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any idea guys?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Will Muenchow

Re: You don't have permission to access /mod/forum/post.php on this server

by Steve S. -
I have also had this problem. I think it is related to the quotation marks, although I can't be sure. When I've tried to create a forum with quotation marks, I get the error, but when I take out the quotation marks, it works fine.

I've reported this to moodle.org/bugs at bug #5193 so feel free to go there and vote for it or add to it.

Steve
In reply to Steve S.

by Will Muenchow -
Thanks for the response! My problem seems to abit different though. The forums are already created and do not contain any quotation marks in the name. If a student goes to post in a forum and copies/paste text from Microsoft Word, and then clicks post, they will receive the error that I put above. 

by Steve S. -
Hi Will, I'm not sure what is causing the problem either... maybe there are some quotation marks in the Word document that your students are trying to paste, or maybe it is something different altogether... anyway, I posted a bug about it, so if you can add to it, that may help the developers. Thanks!
In reply to Steve S.

by Will Muenchow -
You might be on to something regarding the quotation marks.  What version of Moodle are you running? I'm currently backing up our system which is running 1.5 and will upgrade it to the latest stable release; hoping possible to resolve our issue.

by Steve S. -
I'm running 1.5.3