Question on duplicating questions

Question on duplicating questions

by Jan van Leeuwen -
Number of replies: 1

Hi

I am duplicating an existing test with several attempts and would like to delete certain questions in the duplicated test (no attempts) via the central question collection so that they no longer appear in the duplicated test.

Since the number of my tests and the respective questions in it is too high, it is impossible to go through every single test and question individually. A certain amount of  questions however is used also at the same time in approx. 30-40 different tests.

Is there a possibility to delete these questions centrally via the question collection ?

We run Moodle 4.04

Regards,
Jan on behalf of Gerd (german forum)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jan van Leeuwen

Re: Question on duplicating questions

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I would suggest that you delete the questions that you do not desire to be in the duplicated test from the duplicated test, not Moodle's question bank. I am not sure about your workflow, but I would duplicated the original test, remove the undesired questions from it, and then duplicate this next quiz.

Additionally, when you delete a question from the question bank, it is not really deleted, it is just tagged as deleted. This "deleted" question will still show in quizzes where it was used.

Your post makes me wonder what you are doing with your bunch of duplicated quizzes? Are you using them in the same course? Are you moving them into new courses?

Others here on Moodle.org might have additional ideas for you. Moodle 4.0 is still a bit new, and it has some improvements to the quiz engine.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)