How to edit HTML I can't find

How to edit HTML I can't find

by Chris Free -
Number of replies: 4

Hello, 

I'm relatively new to Moodle and don't know a lot about Javascript. I'm trying to edit the Adaptable theme on my site and I'd like to remove the link to the mobile app from the footer. I can see the HMTL code that would be very easy for me to edit when I right click and Inspect Element in Chrome. But, I can't find where this code is to edit on my server. I just need help locating where these details are saved so I can edit them manually. 

Moodle 4.0.4 (Build: 20220912)

Adaptable
theme_adaptable

In this screenshot, you can see the a href I want to be able to edit. I don't know anything about js or YUI, but I get the impression that's where I need to be looking. I've done some searches and haven't had any luck figuring out where this string of text is stored. 

Thank you for your help! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Free

Re: How to edit HTML I can't find

by Hugo Ribeiro -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Unable to check atm but should be enough to search for Mobile appearance and remove the url from "tool_mobile | setuplink"
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Hugo Ribeiro

by Chris Free -
I found ../admin/tool/mobile/lang/en/tool_mobile.php

I did not find the url inside that document. I did find a setuplink string like this:

$string['setuplink'] = 'App download page';

I also found two other strings of interest: 

$string['setuplink_desc'] = 'URL of page with options to download the mobile app from the App Store and Google Play. The app download page link is displayed in the page footer and in a user\'s profile. Leave blank to not display a link.';

$string['getmoodleonyourmobile'] = 'Get the mobile app';

I tried commenting out (//) those 3 strings, saved the file, and it still shows up. I obviously didn't quite get your instructions right, as I didn't find the URL. But I appreciate your help. Thank you! 
In reply to Chris Free

by Hugo Ribeiro -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That's because I failed to mention you should look in the admin settings. Sorry
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Hugo Ribeiro

by Chris Free -
Ah, got it. I found it. And that worked! Thank you!!

For future readers: Site Administration > Advanced Features > Mobile App > Mobile Appearance ? App Banners > App download page

Thanks again!