Moodle JS crash error

Moodle JS crash error

by Ashef Shahrior -
Number of replies: 6

I am running moodle on docker container. I have installed some plugins by downloading and dropping the folders inside the respective module directories. Now I am getting these js errors and so the js functionalties are not working properly such as dropdown and navbar menu items are not working. 

I am also getting the SQL exception even though I haven't modified any SQL files.

Debug info: ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis

please help to identify the cause behind this error.

PS. I don't know much  PHP. Just using the moodle repo to containerize and connect to another project I'm working on as a third party integration.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ashef Shahrior

Re: Moodle JS crash error

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
remove all plugins, confirm it works. Then add plugins one at a time until you get that error. Post here when you have identified the error and someone might be able to advise in finding a solution.
In reply to Marcus Green

by Ashef Shahrior -
i have removed all the additional plugins except for the ones that came prebuilt. still the javascript error exists.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Have you done yourmoodle.com/admin/purgecaches.php
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Ashef Shahrior -
Yes. I have. Still no effect. There still remains this SQL error of missing right parenthesis. Yet I am not doing any modification to the source code on the SQL end.

by Marcus Green -
I had not noticed your SQL error. Add code in your config.php to turn debug to developer and then re-run whatever you ran to see if you get more information.

// Force a debugging mode regardless the settings in the site administration
// @error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT); // NOT FOR PRODUCTION SERVERS!
// @ini_set('display_errors', '1'); // NOT FOR PRODUCTION SERVERS!
// $CFG->debug = (E_ALL | E_STRICT); // === DEBUG_DEVELOPER - NOT FOR PRODUCTION SERVERS!
// $CFG->debugdisplay = 1; // NOT FOR PRODUCTION SERVERS!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Ashef Shahrior -
I uninstalled everything. Made a fresh installation. Installed each plugin one after another. The issue was with my custom theme plugin. I might have made some mistake which caused that error.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)