Forcing class completion

Forcing class completion

by EMH Channel -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone -- Is there a way to force class completion for a student who has not met all class requirements (failure to pass an assignment, for instance)? Any way to override those requirements just for one student in a class? Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to EMH Channel

Re: Forcing class completion

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Go into the Activity completion report and manually mark that student's activities complete -that should trigger the course completion - see Activity completion report
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by EMH Channel -
Thanks for your quick response, Mary! I was able to access that report, but even though I have logged in as both a teacher and an administrator I can see no way to force completion. To be clear, the boxes displayed on the screen cap here (https://docs.moodle.org/400/en/Activity_completion_report) do not appear for me. All that appears are either green or gray checkmarks, or green checkmarks in a banner / red x in a banner. Any thoughts?
In reply to EMH Channel

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Have you tried clicking one of the checkboxes for an activity, to override its completion status? The gray border - empty checkbox will change to a red border - blue checkmark one automatically. This will indicate there's an overridden completion, to both teacher and student, and will also trigger conditions for course completion.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)