Adaptable - Change in Assignment Display Information on Main Course Page?

Adaptable - Change in Assignment Display Information on Main Course Page?

by Leslie Harris -
Number of replies: 3

We are running Moodle 3.11.8 with Adaptable version 3.11.1.2.

Under the Course Format settings, under "Course page further information," I have enabled additional information, and I have also selected "Yes" for "Show assignment information."

My recollection is that Adaptable *used* to display the "Opened" date and "Due" date on the main course page for an Assignment, just under the assignment title.  In one of my courses that was created more recently, I am seeing the number of assignments submitted, but I no longer see the date information.

What's strange is that the older course is still displaying date information *and* submission information.  

Is there some settings difference between the two courses that I am missing, or does the newer version of Adaptable (for Moodle 3.11) no longer display date information on the main course page for an Assignment?

I am attaching an image to show the difference between the two courses, in terms of what information is displayed on the main course page with Editing turned off.

Leslie Harris

Attachment Assignment_Information_Display_Comparison.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leslie Harris

Re: Adaptable - Change in Assignment Display Information on Main Course Page?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Core Moodle 3.11 has 'Show activity dates' course setting which is why Adaptable's was removed to avoid duplication / confusion....
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Leslie Harris -
Thank you, Gareth. This is very helpful information.

When I changed "Enable additional information" ("Course Formats" ==> "Course page further information") from "No" to "Yes," we eventually ended up with a new banner at the top of every course, saying "Additional information will show for the enabled activities for # students" (with # being replaced for the actual number of students in the course).  That banner appears even if a course is an empty shell or has no activities (just resources).

Is there a way to enable that additional information but turn that banner off?   Faculty members have asked me what that banner is, and they find it distracting.

I am attaching a screen capture to show how it looks in one of our courses.

Leslie

Attachment Additional_information_banner_cropped.gif
In reply to Leslie Harris

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Leslie,

I'd not considered that, could be removed by changing the code and can't really be targeted by CSS.

Gareth