Topic cannot be deleted - getting "sectionactionnotsupported: Section action "deleteSection" is not supported here" error

Topic cannot be deleted - getting "sectionactionnotsupported: Section action "deleteSection" is not supported here" error

by Juno Sprite -
Number of replies: 2

System info:

Moodle 4.0.1+ (Build: 20220701)

Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS (Focal Fossa)

PHP Version 7.4.3

With multiple admin accounts, I've tried to delete a topic from a course that was duplicated from an old course made on Moodle 3.10 or 3.11 (I don't remember). See the following image:

When I click "Delete topic", I get the error: "sectionactionnotsupported: Section action "deleteSection" is not supported here". See image below:

I just want to delete some topics. Why, oh why, is this happening?

Thanks,

Josh

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juno Sprite

Re: Topic cannot be deleted - getting "sectionactionnotsupported: Section action "deleteSection" is not supported here" error

by Juno Sprite -
Collapsible Topics format was the culprit. Go to the course's settings and change the Format from this:

to anything else, like this:

It looks like Collapsible Topics format is not only not being supported properly right now, but it's actively causing problems for Moodle 4.0 and apparently Moodle 3.4 as well. In their defense, Moodle 4 did finally adopt a collapsible style, so the Collapsible Topics format plugin isn't really even relevant anymore, for Moodle 4 at least. I couldn't find on obsolescence discussion around this plugin, though (maybe I didn't look hard enough?).

Collapsible Topics served us well! Glad to see the direction Moodle 4 has taken, too. 😁
In reply to Juno Sprite

Re: Topic cannot be deleted - getting "sectionactionnotsupported: Section action "deleteSection" is not supported here" error

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Do you mean 'Collapsible Topics format' or 'Collapsed Topics' format - just checking to be sure.