Moove cog for edit setting disappears

Moove cog for edit setting disappears

by Lambert Famorca -
Number of replies: 7

Hi, I am using Moodle 3.11.4 and Moove (free) for 2 years now. Suddenly, the cog icon for edit settings in a quiz disappeared. I hide the course (course and category mgmt.) and the cog appears with all the options. Did anybody experience the same situation?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lambert Famorca

Re: Moove cog for edit setting disappears

by Carly Born -
We are having the same issue for our Teacher role only. I submitted it as a bug with the developer, but haven't seen a response yet. It does not appear to be a CSS issue, the div containing the menu is just not loading when using Moove.
In reply to Carly Born

by Carly Born -
I'm still trying to chase this one down. I think it is related to an escaping error under certain conditions. I noticed that the sections within which this issue happens, are collapsed/only showing one per page and the "Back to" link at the top has a random \ at the end of the section header. However, those section titles do not contain that or any other extraneous characters.

Still looking for advice from those who have it!
In reply to Carly Born

by Michael Pezzetti -
Hello!

Did the developer ever get back to you? I seem to be having the same issue right now. Any information would be super helpful.

Thanks!
In reply to Michael Pezzetti

by Carly Born -
Unfortunately, the developer will not support anything earlier than the newest version.  Since he has a version for Moodle 4, he is not going to fix this.  I spent a little bit of time going through his repo to see if I could isolate the change that might have caused this (we didn't have this issue in 3.9), but haven't found it yet.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Carly Born

by José Alberto Huerta Gonzalez -
Hello ! is there any solution now? on april 2023 ?
I have the same issue and it is very problematic here ... any help will be welcome ...
In reply to José Alberto Huerta Gonzalez

by Lambert Famorca -
Try extending your course end date to a later date. I read about this in one post. It works for me