Using social format...how to access Lessons?

Using social format...how to access Lessons?

by Christopher Engelsma -
Number of replies: 3

So the social format is a really great way to encourage interaction between the members of a class.  but how are students supposed to access the lessons?  The lessons I expect my students to complete are not visible at all.  Is there a way to display them in one of the sidebars or something?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christopher Engelsma

Re: Using social format...how to access Lessons?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Umm, the format is based around a single 'forum' (https://docs.moodle.org/400/en/Course_formats#Social_format), so I assume that you can't access other modules like lessons.  Therefore use another course format, like Topics and configure the forum as required.  Or clone the Social format to create a new course format and add an additional functionality to have more modules.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Using social format...how to access Lessons?

by Christopher Engelsma -
So the social format is not useful for a typical class which has quizzes, discussions, readings, etc. etc.? that seems like a rather odd format for a class. what do people use the social format for? it would seem rather useless for any kind of class that I can think of.