bugs, feature correction requests, and so on on new wiki

bugs, feature correction requests, and so on on new wiki

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 11
HI there,
last weeks ave been crazy and I can't give response to all of the inciences reported in this forum.
Can somebody (specially interested) update the list of requests on docs http://docs.moodle.org/en/Dfwiki http://docs.moodle.org/en/dfwiki_requests
so we can take it one by one at due time. Rigth now the senior guys are very focussed on stabilizin wiki for 1.6 or whenever it comes out.
Martin has allready asked for feedback on new wiki. http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=43435
I'm receiving 10 times more feedback on dfwiki than new wiki, and its pitty cause the future is wiki.
All of you who can test the new wiki, please do it, give us feedback and give a good report to the Boss ;)
Thanx
Ludo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: bugs, feature correction requests, and so on on new wiki

by N Hansen -
Ludo-Some of us are not yet running 1.6 so we are giving you feedback on dfwiki problems rather than new wiki problems. However, some of these problems obviously still exist in new wiki. Also, there are currently about 4 different places to give feedback and it isn't clear exactly where we should be giving it. You have just asked for the info to be in the documentation, and in Martin's thread. I'm just going to post everywhere until this is clarified.
In reply to N Hansen

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi,
rigth now I'm delaying all the functional changes just to focuss in getting a stable wiki. But I need to keep track of all the stuff (that for example you are bringing on) when new wiki is ready.
By the way, the new wiki can be installed also on 1.5 just as dfwiki. The change is that the new wiki replaces old wiki. You can give it a try ;)
Regards and thanx for the feedback.
Ludo

by N Hansen -
By functional changes do you mean new features? The problem I found wasn't a feature though, it was something pretty critical, the use of username instead of userid.

by Teemu Koistinen -
Thank's Ludo and rest of wiki team. New wiki is big improvement.

Wiki installed cleanly (2006041101) on 1.6 beta2. Few oddities that I found:

1. While editing wiki entry, if I click on breadcrumbs dfwikis link, I get "A required parameter was missing"  error and redirected to Moodles start page
  2. When comparing  differences  between two wiki versions, small dots between links to different versions are not UTF-8 encoded.
  3. when typing following wikitext:
    *first ul li
    *second ul li
    #first ol li

third line gets formatted just like first two lines.
Teemu

In reply to Teemu Koistinen

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI teemu,
can you explain " if I click on breadcrumbs dfwikis link" ... so we can repoduce it. Thank you.
Ludo

by Teemu Koistinen -
I put screen capture as an attachment.

Clicking that red dfwikis link forwards to error message.

Teemu 
Attachment dfwiki.jpg
In reply to Teemu Koistinen

Vast: Re: bugs, feature correction requests, and so on on new wiki

by Jani Lemmetyinen -
Hi,

I've also met similar problem. Look screen capture below. Clicking "Wikis" at breadcrumb trail forwards error message "there are no wikis". We updated our dfwiki to latest version at last thursday and this problem occurs after update.

- Jani -
Attachment breadcumb_trail.gif

by Bernard Boucher -
Hi Marc,
            first thanks you and your group for your work on new wiki.

I am a little bit jealous of Teemu who get a newer version of Moodle that me even if I downloaded it 1 hour agoblack eye  I got  1.6 Beta 2  (2006041001). Maybe that can explain the differents results we report.

I downloaded wiki_2006041101.zip from your site. I hope it is the more recent one.

Few comments:

1 - The wiki/version.php  date should be incremented to at least :
$module->version  = 2006033101;  // The current module version (Date: YYYYMMDDXX)

to permit upgrade instead of downgrade!

2 - All the language files included are still named dfwiki.php  and don't match module name.

3 - When trying to create a new page I get that error:

Theres's an error in page location

I hope it may help,

Bernard

In reply to Bernard Boucher

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Thank you guys,
we are working on this issues.
UTF migration, dfwiki->wiki migration and code tunning (is petyr arround ?) are being a struggle, and it needs heavy testing. Thanks for testing.
Ludo
In reply to Bernard Boucher

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI there,
a I've just compiled a new version that fixes most of reported bugs. Its in dfwiki home v 2006041201
Regards
Ludo