Quiz Reviews: Changing from "Later while the quiz is still still open" to a specific time interval, or the minimum number of attempts to take before reviewing

Quiz Reviews: Changing from "Later while the quiz is still still open" to a specific time interval, or the minimum number of attempts to take before reviewing

by Mão Doãn -
Number of replies: 1

Currently, in quiz settings, there's an option to review the quiz "Later when the quiz is still open", but I don't find it very helpful because often I found that I don't want to let students review later, because I don't know when later is. Even if I do know, I'd like to be able to change it if I need to.

So I think It'd be better to replace this with an option that allows teachers to specify a time interval between the first attempt and when students can review the quiz. (e.g. 5 days after the first attempt.). I'd also be good to have another option to specify the minimum number of attempts students have to take before they can review the quiz. 

Thank you. 

Mao 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mão Doãn

Re: Quiz Reviews: Changing from "Later while the quiz is still still open" to a specific time interval, or the minimum number of attempts to take before reviewing

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Your quiz has options for open and close. Say, the activity opens on July 1 at noon and closes on July 31 at midnight. Later, when the quiz is still open means while the quiz is still active but after they have finished reviewing (if that is an option). So, any time between when they complete and (in the above example) July 31 at 11:59 p.m. And by after, I mean, they exit the activity, maybe the course or the whole site, and then come back and review. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. Maybe all three.

There is also the option of after the quiz is closed, so in the above example, 12:01 a.m. on Aug 1 and any time after for as long as they can access the course. 

If you don't want them to review it until everyone is done, this would be the way to go. You don't gave to allow them access to it at all. Like, ever. I have pretests that no one ever gets results for. Because the results are for me to compare with the post test, so I can assess course effectiveness .

I agree with your point that it might be nice to set a review window but it isn't currently possible.