Favicon not displaying

Favicon not displaying

by Gabri Z -
Number of replies: 9

Website is not displaying favicon. I'm using Moodle 4.x with Boost theme.

A file named favicon.ico is correctly placed in pix folder inside theme folder.

I have also tried to activate designer mode and purged cache as instructed here:
https://docs.moodle.org/400/en/Favicon

Any idea on what's wrong?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gabri Z

Ri: Favicon not displaying

by Gabri Z -
I have "solved" by placing favicon on website root and adding a line in Additional HTML  - Within HEAD  field, pointing to it.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gabri Z

Re: Ri: Favicon not displaying

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Nice you found a solution.

Better would be to explain it with more details, it could help other people wink

Séverin
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Ri: Re: Ri: Favicon not displaying

by Gabri Z -
Don't know what to say more, honestly.
I used standard HTML code to add favicon to a page:
Example here: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_favicon.asp
In reply to Gabri Z

Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Favicon not displaying

by Bob Gilmore -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I honestly feel like this solution should be in the how to guide as a lot of installations dont give access to the theme folders, or it's trickier, to place images (especially MoodleCloud). Dropping your favicon as a resource on a publicly accessible page and then linking to it in the additional html / header has always been my goto solution.
In reply to Gabri Z

Re: Favicon not displaying

by Randy Novion -
I'm using Moodle 4.x with Boost theme. To display my custom favicon, first, I renamed all the favicon.ico to moodle-favicon.icobak from all the themes in these following folders:

/var/www/html/theme/boost/pix/favicon.ico
/var/www/html/theme/classic/pix/favicon.ico

Second step, I uploaded my own favicon, to theme pix folders mention above, and renamed my custom favicon to favicon.ico
Third step, I deleted the ico file from this folder /var/www/moodledata/localcache/theme/1662613026/boost/pix/theme/favicon.ico
Fourth and last step, I deleted out my last 24-hour browser cache.
In reply to Gabri Z

Re: Favicon not displaying

by Bob Gilmore -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

It seems the devs have been working on this:  Just updated my 4.1 dev server and this was a new setting: