Restricting Access by Section completion

Restricting Access by Section completion

by The Web Side -
Number of replies: 2

My course has 5 modules each which contains various activities such as books, quizzes and forums. I would really like to Restrict access to Module 2 until Module 1 has been completed. Right now I've had to Restrict access to each Book, which makes everything look really messy:

Course Flow

Is there a way of Restricting Access to the Next Module, until the previous Module has been completed? Instead of having to restrict each individual Activity? I tried this plugin last year, but it broke a whole bunch of Reporting processes which I use on a daily basis and I those issues haven't been resolved.

https://moodle.org/plugins/availability_sectioncompleted

Thanks so much guys for any help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to The Web Side

Re: Restricting Access by Section completion

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello there. I don't think there is a core way to do this other than by setting the restriction to one activity upon which all the other activities in the section are based... that's why I usually recommend the plugin you had issues with. (I did read your comments there).
Hopefully others might have a better answer than mine smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Restricting Access by Section completion

by The Web Side -
Thanks Mary, yeah, that plugin has the right idea but unfortunately the Complete Report & Outline Report only show the first section of the course if that plugin is used, which kind of makes the reports unusable…in my case anyway.