WebinarJam

WebinarJam

by Juan L -
Number of replies: 5

Hello community! I working with Moodle for a while, and recently I found myself with the challenge of integrating a webinar solution to use with our active students but also graduates. 

We're launching "webinars". Today we are integrated with Zoom Webinars, but I want to test a Webinar platform like "WebinarJam" becuase it generate less friction with no download requeriments, and also has some interactive polls, multiple hosts, etc. 

Does anyone by any chance have experience working with WebinarJam or a similar tool? 

I was also looking StreamYard, but it's just a virtual studio that i wasnt able to find integrations with Moodle. 

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan L

Ri: WebinarJam

by Sergio Rabellino -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

But you evaluated BBB not enough for your requirements ? 

In reply to Sergio Rabellino

Re: Ri: WebinarJam

by Juan L -

Hi Sergio, I saw that BBB 

- only allows live streaming to max 100 people, and 

- doesn't allow to spotlight 1 host + 1 co-host on the same screen as the protagonists. 

In reply to Juan L

Ri: Re: Ri: WebinarJam

by Sergio Rabellino -
IMHO the 100 people was a limit in the past releases, not in the actual, even if i can confirm that I hosted webinar with more than 400 participants, It’s the intrinsic problem of single server solution.
A webinarjam is a service, why not try some other webconf services known to be used Moodle, eg. zoom.
In reply to Sergio Rabellino

Re: Ri: Re: Ri: WebinarJam

by Juan L -

Thanks Sergio 

I'm using Zoom nowadays, but I'm looking into a solution that doesn't require my students to download an app to participate. 

With BigBlue, you can spotlight two presenters simultaneously on one screen? 

I appreciate any help you can provide. 

In reply to Juan L

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Ri: WebinarJam

by Sergio Rabellino -
i world say yes to your question, but you can test by yorself installing/enabling the BBB moodle plugin and using the default settings you have access to the test service .