Accidentally shared personal file to Moodle App (IOS), where do they go?

Accidentally shared personal file to Moodle App (IOS), where do they go?

by Chris A. -
Number of replies: 1

I have the Moodle app for IOS. As I was trying to export some personal files, I accidentally clicked on the Moodle icon instead of the app I was supposed to export with. This action took me to the Moodle app which after a few seconds of loading, gave me a message that said something along the lines of “the files have been stored, you can select which ones to upload”. I tried to locate the files in my Moodle account (student) but I couldn’t find it. They weren’t in my private files (empty) — I even downloaded my files folder to check. 

Where did my files go? Were they actually stored? Would it be available for public viewing? Can I delete them?

Attachment export window.jpeg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris A.

Re: Accidentally shared personal file to Moodle App (IOS), where do they go?

by Isabel Renedo -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Chris,

The file isn't uploaded automatically to the Moodle site, it's only in your device. 
The file should be on 'Shared files' on the Moodle app. That is an internal folder, you are the only one that can access to it. You can access this folder by tapping on the three horizontal dots icon, tapping on 'App settings', and then tapping on 'Shared files'. You can delete the files there.

Take into account that while confirming this behaviour, our team detected that there is a combination where the file is not send anywhere. (The issue is when the user is using the Moodle app with more than one Moodle site and the Moodle app wasn't in use at the time. We opened an issue https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-4096 to improve that situation.)

Kind regards,
Isabel