Role that doesn't include enrolment in course

Role that doesn't include enrolment in course

by DeLoy Wilkins -
Number of replies: 1

I have been having a difficult time figuring this one out. I have three people who need nothing but access to the grades of all students in a certain category/school. By having them enrolled in every course as Instructors, the list is getting so big the user cannot log-in, just gets a time out. I am talking about 60 courses or over. 

I read about the Grader Role and tried to implement that, by giving permission to see grades but not participate or require enrolment in that course.

I may be missing a key piece to this puzzle 🤔I ended up making a configurable report available that had all final grades for courses in that category and made a role then assigned to a user that can see that report on the front page.

I know this is just a workaround and would love to just show the person the Course grades or completion or combination of anything.

An answer or a nudge in the right direction would really help right now.

Kind Regards

DeLoy Wilkins

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to DeLoy Wilkins

Re: Role that doesn't include enrolment in course

by Andrew S -
Hi DeLoy,
Try setting up a role based on the Teacher archetype and remove the permissions you don't want (I supposed leaving the view grades, reports, etc. permissions intact), but make sure 'View courses without participation' is set to allow.

Then, in the 'Context types where this role may be assigned', tick Category. This then becomes a role you can assign to the category, whereby users with this role can browse the courses without being enrolled.

Go to your desired categories in Manage courses and categories, and assign users to the category role.

Hope this helps,
Andrew
Average of ratings: Useful (2)