Using Moodle to help organise SEN IEPs (Special Needs Individual Education Plans)

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 7
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Further thoughts about using Moodle to help organise SEN IEPs

by Duncan Smith -
Hi Alan,

Not using moodle in an SEN specific school, but as an ex-SEN teacher (Emotional & Behavioural Difficulty school) I'm interested in the way I can help the SEN dept in my current, mainstream school adapt the version of moodle we are implementing to suit their needs. We currently use an IEP tool that links to our SIMS system (school information management system). I'll watch this thread with interest.
In reply to Duncan Smith

In reply to Deleted user

by Bob Clarke -

Alan,

We use the Backup and Restore method all the time to create different instances of our courses. It works quite smoothly but because the media related to each course is, by default, associated with that course's files the file space used can increase rapidly with new instances. This can easily fill up your server if you have many students.

There may be a better solution than this but we are doing the following:

A base course can be created which has your master library. You then backup this master once, and rename it (the copy) the Master Copy. You can then edit the Master Copy activity locations and point them to the master library course. You can then delete the files that have been backed up in your Master Copy course since the activities now point to the master course. The Master Copy can then be Backed Up and Restored for each student and only the links will be copied. This makes for a much smaller usage of your file space.

In reply to Bob Clarke

In reply to Bob Clarke

by Jakob Rasmussen -

Hi

Sounds like a procedure I could use, but I am not able to figure out what you mean by "edit the Master Copy activity locations". As far as I can see, I don't have any options like that, when I edit my activities (assignments, quizzes).

How do you do it??

Jakob

In reply to Jakob Rasmussen