Change default due TIME for an assignment

Change default due TIME for an assignment

by Guðjón Torfi Sigurðsson -
Number of replies: 2

Good day and apologies if this has been answered before (couldn't find it, and would be grateful for a link to an answer if it exists) smile

Currently we have default dates for assignments (both when visible and when due). And the default time is always 00:00, but at our school we use 23:00 as the due time for every assignment.

Is there a possibility to set the default time to 23:00 instead of 00:00?

Thanks,
Guðjón Torfi Sigurðsson

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Guðjón Torfi Sigurðsson

Re: Change default due TIME for an assignment

by P MC -
I'm looking for something like that. Either a way to set a default value or a one time update of all activity to 2300 or 2359 which makes more sense for me than 00:00.
In reply to Guðjón Torfi Sigurðsson

Re: Change default due TIME for an assignment

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
One solution is to use Duplicate to create your Assignments. Make one Assignment as the master copy with the settings you want including the various cut off and due times. Then make all new Assignments by duplicating this master copy instead of making a totally new one.

You can use the Dates plugin to help speed up the editing of dates and times in already created activities: https://moodle.org/plugins/report_editdates

The only other way to change the default time that I can think would be to actually change the core code. You can adjust the default dates for due and cutoff in the plugin settings, but not the times.