Quiz

Picture of Gustav W Delius
Manual grading in Moodle 1.6

In Moodle 1.6 teachers will be able to make comments on students' attempts at a question and also to change the grade for that question manually. This was a much requested feature.

The way it works is that when as a teacher you review a student's attempt you will see a link "Make comment or override grade" below each question. Clicking that will pop up a window with a comment and a grade field.

Unfortunately the interface is not perfect. After having saved the comment and new grade you have to close the popup window and then reload the review page in order to see the updated grade reflected on that page. I know the assignment module has clever code whereby the overview page updates automatically when you change the grade on the popup window but I did not have the time to look at how that is done.

Comments and improvements are welcome.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Joseph Rézeau
Re: Manual grading in Moodle 1.6
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators
Hi Gustav and thanks for this good news.
Any idea when it will possible to retrieve daily modified files from CVS? At the moment it is still not being updated, as far as I can see when I run a CVS update command.
Joseph

Picture of Gustav W Delius
CVS update

Joseph, unfortunately noone knows when anonymous CVS will be synchronized with developer CVS again. All the information that we have is on the Sourceforge status page.

Picture of N Hansen

That's great. I look forward to it.

Manish Verma

A very useful feature indeed!

Are there any plans to introduce negative marking feature as well (I am not referring to penalty in adaptive mode)?

Manish.

Picture of Joseph Rézeau
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators
"negative marking feature"? surprise
Joseph