Plugins directory how to receive comments?

Plugins directory how to receive comments?

par Joseph Rézeau,
Nombre de réponses : 7
Avatar Core developers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Plugin developers Avatar Testers Avatar Translators

There is not a lot of traffic on the handful of plugins I maintain, but from time to time a user posts a comment on the plugin Comments.

The problem is that - as the author/maintainer --- I do not receive a notification that a new comment has been posted. The only way to keep informed is to visit that Comments page regularly.

Then, what is the point of the Unsubscribe from comments link at the bottom of the page?

Strangely, Subscribe and Unsubscribe links are identical, as for example: https://moodle.org/plugins/subscribe.php?type=comment&pluginid=120

Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Joseph Rézeau

Re: Plugins directory how to receive comments?

par Davo Smith,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Peer reviewers Avatar Plugin developers
That's odd, as I certainly get notified whenever someone comments on one of my plugins. I wonder why it isn't working for you?
En réponse à Davo Smith

par Joseph Rézeau,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Plugin developers Avatar Testers Avatar Translators
How do you get notified? By email?

par Davo Smith,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Peer reviewers Avatar Plugin developers
Yes, I get an email whenever a comment is made - maybe check your site notification settings?

Try: profile > preferences > notification preferences.

Then: comment notifications for plugins you maintain = email
En réponse à Davo Smith

par Joseph Rézeau,
Thanks again for the help. In "comment notifications for plugins you maintain" I had both Web and email selected. I have unselected Web and now hope the email notification will work!
Moyenne des évaluations Useful (1)

par David Mudrák,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Documentation writers Avatar Moodle HQ Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Peer reviewers Avatar Plugin developers Avatar Plugins guardians Avatar Testers Avatar Translators

Joseph, on your notifications preferences page, I can see that you have notifications disabled. I think that will be the reason.

Screenshot of disabled notification at Joseph's profile

Moyenne des évaluations Useful (3)
En réponse à David Mudrák

par Daniel Thies,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Plugin developers Avatar Testers
I was very surprised that such an experienced Moodler as Joseph made such a seemingly simple oversight, but then I did the same thing myself a few days later. There appears to be a small 4.0 regression that caused this confusion MDL-74873.
Moyenne des évaluations Useful (3)
En réponse à Daniel Thies

par Joseph Rézeau,

"... such an experienced Moodler as Joseph made such a seemingly simple oversight..."

rouge surprise œil au beurre noir