Course creation not working

Course creation not working

by Alessio Niespolo -
Number of replies: 3

I use Moodle 3.8.4+ and the enrolment of the courses is not working anymore unexpextedly. The courses are in an external database but the execution of the script sync.php doesn't load the courses in Moodle. I've created new course categories by the Moodle interface and inserted the new courses in the external database. The external database also contains the old courses that are still visibile in the corresponding categories. I've not changed the mapping of the fields in the section "Site administration - Plugins - Enrolments - External database".

The sync.php creates a log file that not talks about the new courses, but there are only messages regarding the old courses. The script is executed as follows:

/usr/bin/php -c /etc/php.ini ./htdocs/enrol/database/cli/sync.php -v > ./logs2/esse3-sync-$(date +%Y-%m-%d)/esse3-sync-$(date +%Y-%m-%d:%H:%M:%S).log

In attach there is the sync.php file and the php.ini file

Why the new courses are not visible in the Moodle interface?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alessio Niespolo

Ri: Course creation not working

by Alessio Niespolo -
The problem has been resolved by changing the database user in the section "Site administration - Plugins - Enrolments - External database". It seems the old user has not the required grants then a new user has been used, because the new user has more grants.
In reply to Alessio Niespolo

Re: Ri: Course creation not working

by Bruce Wilbee -
Alessio, which plug in or utility are you using to sync the database? Is it "External Database Enrollment"? I am looking for a tool to create courses automatically and then copy a template from a master course. we ahve over 200 master courses.
In reply to Bruce Wilbee

Ri: Re: Ri: Course creation not working

by Alessio Niespolo -
Yes it is External Database Enrollment. Thanks for your suggestion anyway