A course belong to multiple categories

A course belong to multiple categories

by T K -
Number of replies: 3
I am using Moodle 3.5

I was looking into the possibility of having a course in Moodle that belongs to multiple categories.
Meaning, categories A, B and C, can all contain this course XYZ. Is this possible?

Reading online I saw it is not possible, but just wondering if there is a workaround?

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to T K

Re: A course belong to multiple categories

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
It is not possible, true, but the workaround is with the Single activity course format. With the Single activity course format, it is possible to add a URL as the single activity. The URL can be a redirect to a course in a different category, thus giving the appearance of a course in more than one category.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by T K -
Thanks for the reply.
Basically have a URL to that one common course that I want to associate with multiple categories.

However, the participants will be enrolled to the single format course, not the one in the URL right? How to manage the gradings and such?
In reply to T K

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You can make the single format course guest access and then they have to enrol in the actual course with its URL.