Keen to release new theme - last touches?

Keen to release new theme - last touches?

by Just Dave -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I created a new theme and am keen to release it. The theme is called JustSchool (couldn't think of a decent name...) and is was basically started from MoodleTheme's college15 theme. I hope you guys don't mind me releasing this! If I have messed up the GPL license or left out due credit please let me know and I'll fix it.

The theme uses a harcoded menu in the header.html which displays courses and categories. I got this from Aggelos Panagiotakis(thanks!!). The theme uses the Nuvola icon set.

JustSchool

I don't consider this the final release as there's still a few things I'd like to fix up. If anyone could help me with any of these little bugs/issues I'd really appreciate it!

So far these are the issues I'd like to fix:

• The header menu does not display in firefox
  • The custom menu additions i added seem to flicker a bit when the mouse is rolled over(using IE). The course category menus don't flicker.
  • I'd really like to add a complete border/page shadow like the Kubrick theme has, any pointers?
  • Get this ready for 1.6 at some stage (I haven't really played with 1.6 yet sad)

Thanks for your time, oh and happy friday smile

Cheers
Dave

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Just Dave

Re: Keen to release new theme - last touches?

by Stephen Plume -
Dave

This looks good.  Do you have a demo site anywhere running it?

Thanks

Stephen
In reply to Stephen Plume

by Just Dave -

Thanks Stephen, I have set up a demo portal at: http://arnie.clt-interactive.com/dev/moodle/

Cheers
Dave

In reply to Just Dave

by Umar Akram -
Hi Dave,

Kool website... love it.  Love to use it but i think for those odd youngsters who are colour blind this theme may prove a little hard to read?  What are your thoughts on this issue?

Thanks Umar
In reply to Umar Akram

by Just Dave -

Thanks for the feedback Umar, and for pointing out that. You've got a good point, I never really thought about it from that angle. I initially designed this theme for a highschool but come to think of it, I should also try cater for those odd youngsters.

When I get some free time I'll try playing with some font sizes and/or theme up another similar theme to use for the course themes.

Thanks guys
Dave