Moodle devices table - modified data not updated.

Moodle devices table - modified data not updated.

by Emma Butcher -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, hoping someone can shed some light on the mdl_user_devices table and what it's supposed to show you.

I'm pulling data into a PowerBI report and need to show (for example) how many users are completing courses on a mobile/tablet device and what device. I can see this table in the database logs this information but it looks to only register the device the first time you login with it. For example, I logged in to the app on my mobile and I can see the entry but it was in 2021. It hasn't picked up any subsequent logins on the device. 

Is it actually possible to get the information I'm looking for? i.e. when a user completes a course, or logs in during a particular time period - are they on a mobile device?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emma Butcher

Re: Moodle devices table - modified data not updated.

by Dani Palou -
ምስሊ ናይ Core developers ምስሊ ናይ Moodle HQ ምስሊ ናይ Particularly helpful Moodlers ምስሊ ናይ Peer reviewers ምስሊ ናይ Plugin developers

Hi Emma,

when you see the logs in a course, there is a column called "access". If it says "ws" it means the action was performed using a WebService client (like the Moodle app). If it says "web" then it was done in a browser (please notice this includes browsers in mobile devices).

AFAIK Moodle doesn't store data about the device used to do things, but I might be wrong.

Cheers,

Dani