Course backup --> "File references to external contents are included in the backup file. These won't work if the backup is restored on a different site. "

Course backup --> "File references to external contents are included in the backup file. These won't work if the backup is restored on a different site. "

por Alexander Dominicus -
Number of replies: 0
Imaxe de Testers

Dear moodlers,

I have a course where I create a H5P-activity. During the creation of the H5P-activity I chose an H5P-Video from content bank and create the activity via "Link to the file".

After that I backup the course were I receive the message "File references to external contents are included in the backup file. These won't work if the backup is restored on a different site. " 

So I restore this course on a different site and (as expected) the H5P-activity is not working. I have to create a new link from content bank to the H5P-acivity.

Now, for me it is not clear: Why this linking from H5P-activity to the content bank is removed when restoring a course on a different site? In principal that should be possible since the content bank related to the course is restored, too. So why this obstacle, here?

Best,

Alex

Average of ratings: -