When trying to import quiz/questions, drop down "browse files" does not appear.

When trying to import quiz/questions, drop down "browse files" does not appear.

аз Jean Dupin -
Number of replies: 5
Hello -

I have had varying success with importing questions and quizzes. Sometimes it works with no problem and other times, AFTER clicking "File Format", the drop down menu for "browse files" does not appear. This occurs irrespective of the "format" type selected.

I've tried logging out and in again to no avail, as well as trying different browsers.

The above has occurred several times in the last two-weeks.

thanks,
J. Dupin

Ps: I'm using a development site that I believe is using the most recent beta version (1.5?).
In reply to Jean Dupin

Re: When trying to import quiz/questions, drop down "browse files" does not appear.

аз Howard Miller -
Сурати  корбар Core developers Сурати  корбар Documentation writers Сурати  корбар Particularly helpful Moodlers Сурати  корбар Peer reviewers Сурати  корбар Plugin developers
That's just a static form, so changing the format should have no effect on anything else. My immediate reaction is that it is an (allbeit strange) local problem. Have you tried it on a different machine or browser (eg, Firefox)?

Also, could you confirm the moodle version. The latest beta is 1.6Beta but this only came out in the last week or so. I would be more worried if it is 1.6 as that has quite a lot of changes to the screen.
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: When trying to import quiz/questions, drop down "browse files" does not appear.

аз Jean Dupin -
Hello Howard -

Different machine, no; different browsers yes; (Safari, FF and IE). I'm on a Mac, OS 10.4.5

Sorry, I realized after the 'safe edit' window closed that the beta version (I believe) is 1.6; here's the URL to the site if this might prove helpful. http://acumanager.deanza.edu/moodle16/login/index.php.

Today's a good example, for about an hour, I was playing in the quiz area with no problem; I imported several assessments, deleted some then the issue again presented itself. I logged out, in and the issue persists. As before, I'm assuming later it will again be smooth for awhile, then go into the 'hang' mode when I try to import.

Not sure what you mean when you state, "1.6 as that has quite a lot of changes to the screen."

thanks.
In reply to Jean Dupin

аз Juan David Martínez Pavony -

Hello again.

I think Dan (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=27055) light the problem up.

So, I can guess all of us who moved from 1.4.x to 1.5.x HAVE TO DELETE the "qti" directory from /moodle/mod/quiz/format directory.

Good luck quizers wink. We can now import those rich GIFT files. Thank you very much.

In reply to Juan David Martínez Pavony

аз Howard Miller -
Сурати  корбар Core developers Сурати  корбар Documentation writers Сурати  корбар Particularly helpful Moodlers Сурати  корбар Peer reviewers Сурати  корбар Plugin developers
Mmmm.... did you follow the upgrade instructions? I suspect that you have overwritten the new (1.5.x) files over the top of the old (1.4.x) files. If you have, please don't! That is not the recommended way to upgrade and is asking for trouble (like this).

Anyway... I would be surprised if this is related to the problem described in this thread. However, it won't hurt to see if you have a qti directory.