Moodle 4 extend navigation

Moodle 4 extend navigation

Thomas Kroh發表於
Number of replies: 8

Hello,

we plan a relaunch of our Moodle with the latest version.

I wrote a small plugin to extend the navigation (I want to hide the menu item "My courses", the hook  "local_<pluginname>_extend_navigation(global_navigation $navigation)" gets called.

This is a snippet from my plugin:

if ($item = $navigation->find("mycourses", global_navigation::TYPE_ROOTNODE)) {
        $item->remove();
 }

I tried different versions, also with $item->showinflatnavigation = false. But I don't get it right. The "My courses" menu item still appears. In our older Moodle System (3.5) this was the way it worked.
Were there any changes in Moodle 4?  For any help I would be very grateful!

Thanks a lot!

評比平均分數: -
In reply to Thomas Kroh

Re: Moodle 4 extend navigation

Renaat Debleu發表於
Core developers的相片 Particularly helpful Moodlers的相片 Plugin developers的相片
Have a look at how they do it in the local_boostnavigation plugin.

In reply to Renaat Debleu

Thomas Kroh發表於
Thanks a lot for your answer. I have tried your theme but my Moodle Installation did not recognize it. I made a git pull in the Moodle theme directory. Could this be a problem in the settings.php or config.php (version problem?). Moodle does not show any update information what is usually displayed if a new plugin or theme was installed on the server.
In reply to Renaat Debleu

Thomas Kroh發表於
It was my mistake, now the new theme settings are available. But the "My Courses" Item still is shown. Also I can't hide any other menu item through this theme enhancement (for example the Home Menu Item). 

附件 boost settings.png
In reply to Thomas Kroh

Gemma Lesterhuis發表於
Particularly helpful Moodlers的相片 Plugin developers的相片 Testers的相片
Thomas,
You can hide the menu item by adding custom css to your theme.

.primary-navigation li[data-key="courses"] {

display: none;

}

Gem
評比平均分數:Useful (2)
In reply to Gemma Lesterhuis

Thomas Kroh發表於
Hi Gem,

I thank you soooo much, that did the job 微笑 Perhaps I find some time to study the navigationlib and find out what changed in the API and why the custom hooks don't work anymore like before.
Have a nice day!

all the best from Salzburg / Austria,
Tom
In reply to Thomas Kroh

Tyler Bannister發表於
Core developers的相片 Plugin developers的相片

It looks like the custom hooks don't work in Boost because they are not used (at all) for the top menu.  The navigation block was deemed unnecessary, but none of that functionality was moved to the new top menu.  It doesn't use the navigation object to render the top navigation.  The new top menu is only the three hard coded links and whatever is specified in the theme settings for "custommenuitems".

The old hooks should continue to work in classic, but they seem to have no effect on the primary navigation in Moodle 4.

評比平均分數:Useful (1)
In reply to Thomas Kroh

Mark Sharp發表於
Core developers的相片 Particularly helpful Moodlers的相片 Plugin developers的相片

In your theme's config.php, there is a new setting you can apply: $THEME->removedprimarynavitems

You just need to provide a list of items you want removed (as an array). And these options are: home, myhome, courses, siteadmin

If you wanted to remove "My courses" then you'd have:

$THEME->removedprimarynavitems = ['courses'];
評比平均分數:Useful (6)