Simple lesson version 2

Simple lesson version 2

Richard Jones
Vastuste arv 2
Plugin developers pilt Testers pilt

Introduction

Simple Lesson is a third-party plugin for Moodle 4 that can be used for content presentation and assessment.  It allows multiple pages of content to be navigated and the adding of a question from the Question Bank to any page.

screenshot

There is reporting for teachers and students on both question responses and lesson attempts.  Simple Lesson also implements GDPR requirements.

Upgrading from Version 1

Version 2 uses some new features of Moodle 4, in particular the updated Question Bank and the new set of question tables in the database.

IMPORTANT: Therefore it can ONLY be installed on Moodle 4.  The update process would be:

1. Update your Moodle installation to Moodle version 4.  During this process it is not necessary to copy the Simple lesson plugin code.  However, if you wish to preserve your old Simple lessons do not remove the database tables of Simple lesson.
  2. Upgrade your Simple Lesson plugin to Version 2.0.
  3. If you backed up any Simple lessons or courses including them, they should work after upgrading except that the questions will be missing.

If you upgrade Simple Lesson Version1 in a Moodle 3.5 to 3.11 to Version 2 it will not work.

Simple Lesson Features

• Supports adding questions from the question bank
  • Behaviours adaptive, immediate and deferred feedback supported
  • Essay questions supported (manual grading required)
  • Easy to add and then automatically sequence pages
  • Consists of multimedia pages with simple hyperlinked navigation
  • Summary lesson attempt reports for students and teacher's
  • Manual marking of essay questions, updates to the gradebook.
  • Implements GDPR privacy requests for reporting and deletion of user data

Designed for Moodle 4

Simple Lesson has features in common with Book, Lesson and Quiz. It has been designed as a formative assessment tool. For summative assessment Quiz and Lesson have more features such as timing and access restrictions.

Duplicate, Backup and Restore have been implemented but questions will be lost. However, once you export and re-import your questions to the new course, they can be added back to the Simple lesson. 

2-minute overview:

Keskmine hinnang:Useful (3)
Vastuses Richard Jones

Re: Simple lesson version 2

Justin Hunt
Particularly helpful Moodlers pilt Plugin developers pilt
Hey Richard. Looking good! Does this work with third party question types?
Vastuses Justin Hunt

Re: Simple lesson version 2

Richard Jones
Plugin developers pilt Testers pilt
Hi Justin

How are things at POODLL etc? I have not loaded in any 3rd party types but I don't see why not. Do you have any that work with M4 in the plugins DB? Happy to try them out. My only doubt would be what the reporting of student responses might look like with some types (eg your draw an answer or record an answer type questions). Also they would have to be marked as essay type questions I guess.

Cheers
Richard