Simple Lesson is a third-party plugin for Moodle 4 that can be used for content presentation and assessment. It allows multiple pages of content to be navigated and the adding of a question from the Question Bank to any page.
There is reporting for teachers and students on both question responses and lesson attempts. Simple Lesson also implements GDPR requirements.
Version 2 uses some new features of Moodle 4, in particular the updated Question Bank and the new set of question tables in the database.
IMPORTANT: Therefore it can ONLY be installed on Moodle 4. The update process would be:
- Update your Moodle installation to Moodle version 4. During this process it is not necessary to copy the Simple lesson plugin code. However, if you wish to preserve your old Simple lessons do not remove the database tables of Simple lesson.
- Upgrade your Simple Lesson plugin to Version 2.0.
- If you backed up any Simple lessons or courses including them, they should work after upgrading except that the questions will be missing.
If you upgrade Simple Lesson Version1 in a Moodle 3.5 to 3.11 to Version 2 it will not work.
- Supports adding questions from the question bank
- Behaviours adaptive, immediate and deferred feedback supported
- Essay questions supported (manual grading required)
- Easy to add and then automatically sequence pages
- Consists of multimedia pages with simple hyperlinked navigation
- Summary lesson attempt reports for students and teacher's
- Manual marking of essay questions, updates to the gradebook.
- Implements GDPR privacy requests for reporting and deletion of user data
Designed for Moodle 4
Simple Lesson has features in common with Book, Lesson and Quiz. It has been designed as a formative assessment tool. For summative assessment Quiz and Lesson have more features such as timing and access restrictions.
Duplicate, Backup and Restore have been implemented but
questions will be lost. However, once you export and re-import your questions to the new course,
they can be added back to the Simple lesson.