Moodle App version 4.0 available

Moodle App version 4.0 available

Juan Leyva tomonidan -
Number of replies: 13
Core developers rasmi Moodle HQ rasmi Particularly helpful Moodlers rasmi Plugin developers rasmi Testers rasmi

Hi there,

the new version of the Moodle App (4.0) is being rolled out right now. The previous mean that it will be available for Android and iOS devices this week.

Please note that this new version will only connect Moodle sites version >= 3.5 and that it won't work if your site is using the deprecated local_mobile (Mobile app additional features) plugin.

The main new features and improvements are:

• Support Moodle 4.0 LMS new "My courses" page
  • User profile repositioned to match LMS
  • Design updated to Material design 3 matching overall Moodle style
  • Some pages now support swipe (participants, book module, grades, forum discussions,...)
  • Resuming a course or a book is now easier
  • Course main page additional options menu redesigned
  • Navigation between sections and activities improved
  • SCORM, H5P automatic full-screen mode
  • Thumbnails for videos are automatically generated
  • Content and activities pages with fewer distractions for users so they can focus on learning
  • General performance improvements
  • New notifications page (capturing all the notifications received by the user)
  • The enrolment fee plugin is now supported (launched in a browser outside the app to complete the process)
  • New 4.0 assignment time-limited submissions supported
  • Teachers can now see H5P attempt reports

Regards, Juan

O'rtacha reytinglar: -
In reply to Juan Leyva

Ang: Moodle App version 4.0 available

Kenneth Hansen tomonidan -
This is just great Tabassum

However, the videopart seems not to be working (at least with me). In my Moodle Site I have created a video in a label. However, no Thumpnail is created in the App and even worse. The video won't even play. Did anyone else experienced this, or did video in the App work for you?

Kind regards,
Kenneth

Attachment IMG_7711.PNG
Attachment IMG_7712.PNG
In reply to Kenneth Hansen

Re: Ang: Moodle App version 4.0 available

Juan Leyva tomonidan -
Core developers rasmi Moodle HQ rasmi Particularly helpful Moodlers rasmi Plugin developers rasmi Testers rasmi
Hi there,

have you checked if those videos are working on your mobile device browser? Maybe is an issue with the format

Apart from the previous, the thumbnail is created using one of the first frames of the video also, this is not ideal because maybe is just a blank screen but it is the way it works
In reply to Juan Leyva

Ang: Re: Ang: Moodle App version 4.0 available

Hi Juan,

Thank you for the reply.

It works in mobile browser, but not the Moodle App it self.
I don't know how I can change the format or where to do it?

I have only used a Label and within this used the Build in videorecorder in Moodle to record a movie. I guess that is the most simple action with video. I can easily see an integrated Panopto video in the App, but sadly not the native recorded Moodle video.

We use Boost theme and of course the Moodle App is 4.0.0

- Kenneth
In reply to Juan Leyva

Ang: Re: Ang: Moodle App version 4.0 available

Hi again, Juan.

My problem unfortunatly still persists. Can you see Moodle recorded video in your Moodle App?

Maybe you could replicate.
I record a video directly into Moodle via the editor in Moodle and it works. However, when trying to see the exact same video in the Moodle App. It just don't run.

Best regards, Kenneth
In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Moodle App version 4.0 available

Mike Wilday tomonidan -
There seems to be no integration of plagiarism plugins into the app. We have turnitin and urkund by Ouriginal installed on our system and when accessing an assignment grade from the app we aren't seeing any originality scores. Is this intentional?
In reply to Juan Leyva

Anthony M tomonidan -
Hi, I found a problem in the Mobile app (4.0.1) when trying to reproduce H5P Course presentations. It happens independently if the content added inside the course presentation are videos or images.

Testing in two differents Moodle sites (version 4.0.1) when entering a course with the MOBILE APP (version 4.0.1 also) and clicking a H5P Course presentations activity

I am getting a couple of different errors about "missing dependency..." (see screenshots attached for both errors).

The H5Ps seems to be working correctly on my mobile device browser.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Attachment H5P Editor (1).jpeg
Attachment H5P Question (1).jpeg
In reply to Juan Leyva

Ana Maria Espinoza tomonidan -

Hello Juan

I´m new in Moodle, recently started as part of a team in an International NGO who is implementing an e-Learning platform for health services providers, using Moodle 4.1.  We have our own infrastructure so, we have deployed the software in  there.  Some of our future users will require to use the moodle mobile App.  I would like to know if there is any limitation regarding the number of users (or devices, better to say?) that can be accessing the courses, documentation, etc, via de mobile App?

I understand that if we go for the moodle cloud or we get the hosting via a Moodle partner, then there are several options or Plans that can limit the users , but not sure if that is the same approach when the deployment is done in the way I mentioned above?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Ana María Espinoza´

M&E&L / Systems adviser- Int´l NGOs- Digital Health

In reply to Ana Maria Espinoza

Juan Leyva tomonidan -
Hi Ana,

yes, the same limitations in the app will apply when you are hosting Moodle in your own infrastructure.

They are explained here: https://apps.moodle.com

But please notice that limitations are mostly about functionality and devices receiving Push notifications (not devices using the platform, for this there are no limitations)

Regards, Juan
In reply to Juan Leyva

Ana Maria Espinoza tomonidan -
Thanks for the information Juan. Still confusing, sorry. Looking at the mobile page plans, I can see that those plans apply IF I have cloud service with Moodle or hosting with a partner. But that is not my case. I have my own servers where we have installed moodle. No external hosting, no partners involved neither cloud moodle service.
Could you please help me to understand why having this scenario, to use the mobile App of moodle, I have to pay for a plan and to whom?

Thanks much and apologies for my bunch of questions!

Best,

Ana María
In reply to Juan Leyva

Trả lời: Moodle App version 4.0 available

Nguyễn Tủn Channel tomonidan -
This is just great😃
However, I have the same issues. Send a message when the app run in the background, Notification push display oK. Picture below

But I send a message when the app opens, the app closes automatically (closed). I think it's a bug. 

More information: 
I send notifications from the Firebase messaging service, FCM pushes message notifications to my application very well (the application is still open)

I use own Airnotifier 3. x. Moodle version 3.11. Everything is good, the only issue above