SQL query

SQL query

av Chandan Tiwari -
Antall svar: 7

I want list of user who has access the course in particular time duration, for this I have written the following SQL query can anyone tell me if this one is the best solution for my requirement.

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT userid, courseid)  FROM `mdl_logstore_standard_log` WHERE `eventname` LIKE '%course_viewed%'  AND  (`timecreated` BETWEEN 1609459200 AND 1617235199) And `userid` NOT IN (0,1) AND `courseid` != 1;

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering:Useful (1)
Som svar til Chandan Tiwari

Re: SQL query

av Leon Stringer -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers

Maybe something like this:

SELECT u.username, c.shortname, FROM_UNIXTIME(la.timeaccess) AS last_access
  FROM mdl_user_lastaccess la
    INNER JOIN mdl_user u ON u.id = la.userid
    INNER JOIN mdl_course c ON c.id = la.courseid
  WHERE c.id = 4 AND
    u.id NOT IN (0, 1) AND
    timeaccess BETWEEN 1609459200 AND 1617235199;

I based the above on this query. Change or remove the c.id = 4 course ID as needed.

Som svar til Leon Stringer

av Andreas Grabs -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Peer reviewers Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Translators

Hi Leon,

the last access can not be used here because it only gets the last access and not the access within a time range.

I think without an additional access log table the Moodle log is the only way to get this information. But you have to make sure the logs are still available and not deleted through the rotation.

Best regards
Andreas

Som svar til Chandan Tiwari

av lior gil -
Bilde av Core developers

Since you already search for distinct userid, you can drop the eventname parameter and just keep the courseid. This will save time by removing the need to search within the eventname field.

You can also group the results by the course id.

SELECT courseid, COUNT(DISTINCT userid) AS users
FROM `mdl_logstore_standard_log` 
WHERE (`timecreated` BETWEEN 1609459200 AND 1617235199)  
AND `userid` NOT IN (0,1) AND `courseid` != 1 
GROUP BY courseid;