Will questionnaire be updated for use in 4.0 and above?

Will questionnaire be updated for use in 4.0 and above?

by Eric Hagley -
Number of replies: 6

Sorry if I couldn't find the answer here already - I tried to find it....

My question is will Questionnaire be updated for 4.0 and above and if so when?
A second question (sorry!) - will the present version break if put on a 4.0 instance?
Many thanks for your work with this awesome plugin.

Kind regards,
Eric

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Hagley

Re: Will questionnaire be updated for use in 4.0 and above?

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Eric,
This is where having a Moodle development test site comes in handy. On mine, the latest version of Questionnaire works in the new Moodle 4.0 with one bug that may or may not impact on it's use for you. It produces one debug message regarding completion:

*_get_completion_state() callback functions such as questionnaire_get_completion_state have been deprecated and should no longer be used. Please implement the custom completion class mod_questionnaire\completion\custom_completion which extends \core_completion\activity_custom_completion.

line 729 of /lib/completionlib.php: call to debugging()
line 666 of /lib/completionlib.php: call to completion_info->internal_get_state()
line 295 of /mod/questionnaire/questionnaire.class.php: call to completion_info->update_state()
line 75 of /mod/questionnaire/complete.php: call to questionnaire->view()

Otherwise everything seems to work okay.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi AL and Eric,
I have updated my Moodle site to 4.0 and am using Questionaire 3.10.2 (Build - 2022030300)
2020111102 on it.
With debug settings set to maximum I am getting the same error message as mentioned by AL. But it does not prevent the Completion settings to work as expected.
Looking forward to a Moodle 4.0 version of Questionnaire.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Eric Hagley -
Many thanks Al and Joseph - very much appreciated. Will work with that information.
In reply to Eric Hagley

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Please see the latest release - 3.11.0. This has been updated to work fully with Moodle 4.0. It will need future improvement to look better with the new 4.0 tab navigation.

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Eric Hagley -
Thank you very much Mike - truly appreciated!
In reply to Mike Churchward

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Mike,
Thanks for the quick update on Questionnaire as it is one of the plugins I have been looking at as a guide for implementing mobile capability for for a couple of the plugins I maintain.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)