Navigating home in the app

Navigating home in the app

by networkException ​ -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

firstly I appologize if this is not the correct place to report the issue I'm having.
When using the Moodle app (for example on a smartphone) the common action of navigating home
is obstructed by a popup that apprears every time the dashboard button (left in the bottom navigation bar)
gets pressed while being in a different view.

From my experience having to confirm a deliberate action is repetitive and generally a bad UX practise.
Is it possible for this behavior to be changed? An additional confirmation might be more appropriate when navigating
away from views with modified state, but viewing a course for example does not meet this criteria.

Sadly attaching an image using the rich editor did not seem to work, as such it is now an attachment.

Alt description: A popup with the message "Are you sure you want to go back to Home", a Cancel button and a bold Ok button
Attachment MoodleNavigationPopup.jpeg
రేటింగుల సగటు: -
In reply to networkException ​

Re: Navigating home in the app

by Eduardo Manzanillo -

Hello, Jakob.

First, we want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We agree with what you say, and we want you to know that for the new Moodle App 4.0 version we have already addressed and fixed this issue.

We have improved the navigation of the app by getting rid of the pop-up confirmation you mention, but we have also decided to hide the bottom navigation bar on lower levels or sub-pages, going for a flatter or linear navigation, and to go back you only need to press the back arrow button. This is to ensure focus on the current task, to avoid clicking on another Tab by mistake and users getting lost.

We hope you will soon be able to see this for yourself in the new Moodle app 4.0 update, and we will be happy to hear your feedback.

Thank you very much. And best regards.