BigBlueButton is a blocker for update to 4.0

Re: BigBlueButton is a blocker for update to 4.0

by Brian Schmidt -
Number of replies: 2
So far, I haven't received any additional info. The initial response from support was that they will get back to us on it. That was on April 29. When checking in with our account rep last week, I mentioned it and he said that support would be in touch with us soon. I am still awaiting the response. I would've assumed that there would be a migration path established from the beginning, since it's not like this is an outlier situation. But now I'm wondering if that's not the case. Pure speculation on my part, though.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Brian Schmidt

by Ralf Krause -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
The problem is still a problem. I can't update any platform from Moodle 3.11.8 with the install BigBlueButton plugin 2.4.7 (2019101014). I get the same error message for mod_bigbluebuttonbn
Field "recording" does not exist in table "bigbluebuttonbn_recordings". Yes, it's a blocker.

When you uninstall the third party plugin mod_bigbluebuttonbn in Moodle 3.11.8 your upgrade to Moodle 4.0.2 runs fine. But when you uninstall the plugin then all instances of BigBlueButton and all recordings are lost. It's not a good idea to do this in a learning platform with a lot of teachers and students who were using a lot of BigBlueButton conferences and recordings. They don't want to loose everything.

I opened an issue https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-75199 and I hope to get a solution.
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Ralf Krause

by Brian Schmidt -
Thanks for the info, Ralf - I am following that issue you've created now as well. We have not yet migrated to 4.0.x, since we have another add-in that has yet to be updated that we're waiting on as well.