Help, I lost manual enrolment

Re: Help, I lost manual enrolment

by Michael Milette -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jeroen,

I would try to find the reason that there is a colon ( : ) in the path to your tmp directory.

I would start by taking a look at your Moodle site's config.php, specifically the line that starts with

$CFG->dataroot = '....';

Assuming that the operating system is Linux based, the path specified on this line between the single quotes should be an absolute path that:

• Does NOT contain a colon ( : ).
  • Starts with a forward slash (/).
  • Ends with the directory name where all your moodledata files are stored.
  • Does NOT end with a forward slash (/).
  • Is NOT be empty.

For example, yours should possibly look like:

$CFG->dataroot = '/var/www/vhosts/agtl.nl/moodledata';

I cannot say this with certainty because I am not familiar with your directory structure on your server

If your moodledata directory is really /var/www/vhosts/agtl.nl/, your Moodle was likely incorrectly installed. Your moodle application files directory (internetles.agtl.nl) should not be a subdirectory of your moodledata directory. If this is the case, you do not necessarily need to reinstall Moodle but should separate moodle application files from moodledata for security reasons. That is a bit more involved as it requires moving files and directories, setting owner and permissions and modifying configuration files. Hopefully that is not your case and you need just fix the path specified in $CFG->dataroot.

Hope you find this useful.

Best regards,

Michael Milette