Moodle assignment grade not reached, but course completion triggered

Moodle assignment grade not reached, but course completion triggered

by Catedu Centro de Tecnologías Educativas de Aragón -
Number of replies: 3

Moodle version: 3.6.6+ (Build: 20191105)

Hello,

We are facing a problem with the "course-completion" system.

We have some assignments with a minimum grade stablished to pass.

Moodle recognizes it as an activity with a minimum grade not reached, but course-completion is triggered.

Am I missing something?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Catedu Centro de Tecnologías Educativas de Aragón

Re: Moodle assignment grade not reached, but course completion triggered

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
The top image is for the activity, which correctly is displayed as not passed on your activity report.
Can you provide an image of the Course Completion settings? (Course administration>Course completion)

I would guess that not all Activities are selected as a requirement to set the course to Pass.
Kind Regards
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Catedu Centro de Tecnologías Educativas de Aragón

by Darrell Klar -
I can confirm this is an issue. I am running 3.11 and courses are being flagged as complete even though submissions have not received a passing grade.
Apparently this used to work as it should in version prior to 3.9, however the functionality was changed (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=336251)
This has been an issue since 2016, and the bug tracking is here -> https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-56453 (**PLEASE VISIT AND VOTE!!**)
Is there a workaround for this issue as we use Moodle for assessments and our Learning Management System is reporting competencies for AVETMISS results prior to the achievement of the unit of competency!
In reply to Darrell Klar

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello. I know this doesn't help you at the moment, but in Moodle 4.0 a new activity completion condition for all graded activities - including Assignments - is to have a passing grade - like for a Quiz.