'\availability password\frontend' when editing a course

'\availability password\frontend' when editing a course

by Dan Bell -
Number of replies: 3

We had a test server with Moodle 3.8 and PHP 7.1. We are having problems editing a course.

Since it was test server, I wanted something as close as possible to a fresh install with updates. So a new blank database was started, PHP was updated to 7.4 and the Moodle install was updated to 3.11.6. We installed the latest version adaptable theme.

Moodle is up and running. A course was backed up from our production LMS and restored on the test LMS. The course opens fine. When trying to edit the scorm activity in the course, I receive "Exception - Class '\availability_password\frontend' not found."

More information on this error does not help and continue returns to the course page. 

Any advice on this issue is helpful. There was no password set on the scorm activity I am trying to edit. (It plays without requiring a password).

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Bell

Re: '\availability password\frontend' when editing a course

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Presumably this error refers to the Restriction by password plugin (availability_password). Is this plugin installed on the Moodle 3.11 site?

In reply to Leon Stringer

by Dan Bell -
I assumed it is not since I started a new database on this test server when I updated the moodle and the php. The only plugin that was installed since I updated was the adaptable theme. Even if I create a new course and try to add an activity I get the same error.
In reply to Dan Bell

by Dan Bell -
Sorry for all of the separate texts, but installing the Restriction by Password plugin seemed to fix it. I have no intention on using it, but it allowed me to edit a course I restored from another LMS and add activities to new courses.